Wiki question

krisfelty

Best answers
Does anyone know where we can find documentation that states a provider may not see another provider and not bill for the service? I can only find where it says they can as long as they are not inviolation of the Anti-Kickback or inducements of referrals?? We want something in black and white that says no , you cannot provide a service to another of your peers and not bill them or insurance?? Anyone know where I can get this, I have alreay looked at OIG website.

Thanks!

If you google professional courtesy you should find plenty of information on this topic. You can only waive copays in case of financial hardship, not for another dr or even personal friend of dr.

Thanks, Yes I know that but this is a different question. If a doctor sees another doctor for a service as professional courtesy.

Does anyone know where we can find documentation that states a provider may not see another provider and not bill for the service? I can only find where it says they can as long as they are not inviolation of the Anti-Kickback or inducements of referrals?? We want something in black and white that says no , you cannot provide a service to another of your peers and not bill them or insurance?? Anyone know where I can get this, I have alreay looked at OIG website.

Thanks!

If your doc wants to see another doc and not bill for the services they it's ok. But if you guys want to bill "insurance only", then this would be considered fraud.