Wiki Radiant/Epic financial modifiers

boozaarn

Best answers
Hi,

I have a question to Epic users in this community. I'm :confused:

When it comes to reduced diagnostic services, who is responsible to assign financial modifiers on hard coded charges?
I believe that the radiant users/charge entry person wont be able to track each and every report and on top they may not know what's considered to be
'reduced" and what's not. On the other end, I guess it's not the biller's job to monitor these cases from the reports.
I believe this s/b the coders responsibility by an access to the chargemaster or by emailing the biller?
Am I right?

Thanks,

IZ, COC,CCS

Reduced Charges

Where I used to work we created a separate charge code for reduced services that billed at full fee but had the 52 modifier linked to the CPT code. Then when the tech "completed" the service, they had the option for selecting the reduced service, and it would be coded correctly with the modifier appended. A report could be run to find any self pay patients with services having a 52 modifier appended, so their charges could be manually decreased. The payers automatically decrease reimbursement for services billed with the 52 modifier.

Radiant/Epic

Thank you Shelly.
Can I ask one more question?
With Epic all coding/charging connection done for "simple visits" are between the department and the billing office. There is no roll for a coder in this work process.
Am I right?

Thanks,

IZ