• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below..
  • Important Note: We will be performing a scheduled maintenance on 1st November 2020. The site will be offline from 7:30PM (MT) till midnight. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

RADIATION ONCOLOG- I will like a forum to set up specifically for this Division.

DORETLYN

New
Best answers
I am currently employed in a Radiation Oncology, Outpatient setting for a teaching hospital and I have a few question concerning the billing.

Should the hospital bill from the Physician's order or the Doctor's note?

Should V58.0 be used as a principal diagnoses when a patient returns for the follow six months after treatment.

How does V58.0 affects the treatment palnning, Brachytherapy, IMRT, SBRT etc?

If the Physician documents that the patient has a family history of cancer should be use the code V16.X/

JM.Geyer

Networker
Best answers
I agree with having a forum for Radiation oncology.

The V58.0 should not be used as primary you should use what the cancer dx is then the V58.0 as secondary.

If the pt has a family history of cancer you should code that out using the V16.X code

Best answers
KS, cpc, ar dept.

I agree, V codes are usually the 2ndary diagnosis code.

I have a question regarding cpt #33701 and #33738, can these be billed on the same date?

I work for a billing service and we're getting denied. Reason may be our provider type with the carrier.