Wiki Radiation Oncology

Best answers
Hello all. :)

I have a few questions, if anyone is up for the challenge, ANY help would be wonderful. :)

Ok, so, I code for Radiation Oncology. I only bill the professional charges for the doctor.

I am wondering what the deal is with the 77014/26 and the 77373 being billed out together. Is that allowed? Has anyone else had an issue with them being billed out together before? And since the 77014 holds BOTH a professional and technical component, can the technical side be billing that out as well or is it bundled with the 77373? PLEASE, any help at all would be great.

Thank you in advance for the info. It will be VERY useful!!! Have a GREAT day!!! :cool::cool:

If you are billing for the Professional component only then you should not be billing for the 77373. The techinical portion of the 77014 is should be included into the 77373 billed on the TC side.

If you are billing for the Professional component only then you should not be billing for the 77373. The techinical portion of the 77014 is should be included into the 77373 billed on the TC side.
Hi, is this still the rule that 77014 can not be billed with 77377 when billing the professional comp. ?

Hi, is this still the rule that 77014 can not be billed with 77377 when billing the professional comp. ?

I assume you're talking about SBRT (77373 for the treatment delivery). Image guidance is never billed separately with SBRT.

For professional services, the treatment management includes image guidance. That's stated in the CPT definition for code 77435: Stereotactic body radiation therapy, treatment management, per treatment course, to 1 or more lesions, including image guidance, entire course not to exceed 5 fractions

For technical services, the treatment delivery includes image guidance. That's stated in the CPT definition for the code 77373: Stereotactic body radiation therapy, treatment delivery, per fraction to 1 or more lesions, including image guidance, entire course not to exceed 5 fractions