Wiki Radiological supervison & interpretation

Best answers
This is probably a stupid question but when a code states radiological supervision and interpretation does that include ultrasound? For example, the doctor used ultrasound to determine potential access site for real-time guidance into the collecting system when placing bilateral nephrostomies. Antegram nephrostograms were performed. I already billed 50392 x 2,74475 x 2 (did not have findings for nephrostograms so not billed) but he clearly states that he used both, can I bill 76942 or something else also?

Thanks!

This is probably a stupid question but when a code states radiological supervision and interpretation does that include ultrasound? For example, the doctor used ultrasound to determine potential access site for real-time guidance into the collecting system when placing bilateral nephrostomies. Antegram nephrostograms were performed. I already billed 50392 x 2,74475 x 2 (did not have findings for nephrostograms so not billed) but he clearly states that he used both, can I bill 76942 or something else also?

Thanks!

Ultrasound guidance is not inherent in radiology superivision and interpretation. There are certainly instances where U/S guidance can also be coded. You should check the CCI to see if 76942 is included with 74475.

HTH :)