Wiki RE: CPCO resources

McMo27

New
Best answers
I am prepping for the 2019 CPCO exam and wonder if anyone who has taken it recently knows exactly what is allowed for the exam? It references OIG regulations under books but does not appear to list coding manuals and it does not say if you may print and bring items from the recommended resource list. I believe this was allowed in the past, but I am trying to determine if that is still allowed. I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks!

Hi, It’s actually listed on the course sign-up and also in the exam prep instructions. You can take the printed OIG supplemental compliance program guidance for hospitals, the OIG compliance program for individuals and small group position practices, and the OIG Compliance program guidance for third-party medical billing companies.

Thanks - that is how I read it as well but was slightly confused based on some of the discussion boards. Thank you for your reply!

I just passed the CPCO. I advise you start from the back. And remember you can write on the printed pages of the OIG Compliance Guidance.
Write down whatever you think you might not remember during the exam. Best of luck
Thank you! And congratulations:)

I just passed the CPCO. I advise you start from the back. And remember you can write on the printed pages of the OIG Compliance Guidance.
Write down whatever you think you might not remember during the exam. Best of luck
Congratulations ! Where can I write on the printed pages? it needs to be based on what is on the content or overall? I have my test this saturday and I am soo nervious! When you mean start from the back can you elaborate? Does the study guide questions help?

I plan to take the test before November - depending on if the Mayor of Austin has lifted the 10 or less restrictions. I might have to travel. Any suggestions for the test are helpful. Also do we need to take coding books? cpt/icd10/hcpcs? What reference materials are best? The list is VERY confusing.

I'm wondering if anyone is on this right now... I'm scheduled to take the CPCO exam tomorrow (11/21) morning and I'm stressing out. I completed the course back in late February (started in 2019, so took the 2019 curriculum, don't know if it changes) and have been waiting to take the exam since because of cancellations due to COVID, or my potential exposure to COVID very near a test date. I've done my best to continue to study the materials I got with the AAPC CPCO Prep course (got an overall 95 in the course), but am worried that it's been so long. Then I also read on one of these threads that what was taught in the Prep course was not the same as the exam. I read the above clarifying what could be printed and brought (the 3 different OIG guidelines), but have no idea what kind of "other notes" to include. I was originally saving my practice exam for using just before my exam, but I came to find out that it "expired". ~sighs~ I just want to do well. This year has been so crazy, I would love to have it go out on a high note with this new Certification.

If anyone could advise about the best notes to include, I would be immensely grateful!

I'm sorry if this posts in "BOLD", I don't know why that happened and I can't seem to turn it off... :/