• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below..
  • Important Note: We will be performing a scheduled maintenance on 1st November 2020. The site will be offline from 7:30PM (MT) till midnight. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Re-Interpretations for CT scans and heart caths

bcopeland

New
Best answers
Could someone please help me find some documentation on re-reads for diagnostic studies? A consultant has come into our office stating that my docs who are cardiac, thoracic, vascular surgeons can perform an independent interpretation and bill it with a 26 and 77 modifier. If anyone knows where I can get some guidelines on this, please point me in the right direction. Thanks/Belinda

lisamaddox

Best answers
Does the physician dictate a new report or does he just re-read the CT or cath and bill with modifier 26 and 77? I am confused on this issue because I thought when you bill with the modifier 26 and/or 77 you are saying that your doctor actually re-read AND dictated another report. :confused: