Wiki Registered Dietitian Services

Katie22c

New
Best answers
Hello.
I am trying to find a list of services that a registered dietitian can bill Medicare for. While the Medicare IOM seems to imply they may bill E&M under incident to guidelines, I am wondering if they can just bill E&M on their own also? We are wondering if we can bill other codes instead of G0108, if the specific guidelines for G0108 have not been met. ie , they only saw the patient for 25 minutes. Can we just bill a 99211 under the dietitian?

I do understand these providers can not diagnosis or treat any other issues, so I do not think that 99212 or higher would be appropriate. But I also think that 98702/98703 may not be appropriate either.

Any thoughts or references to cms policies out there?

Thank you!

The E/M visits 99211 and 99212 require an evaluation and Managment of patient which requires a diagnosis or treatment of issues. So these types of E/Ms would not be appropriate for a Dietician. I have always got alot of my information from a Dietician and has a website about reimbursment. she has a lot of good information, there is not too much information out there about dietician billing. Here is the website