Wiki Remote Contract Work

andepow

Contributor
Best answers
Hello all,

I'm looking for remote contract work medical coder positions and was wondering if anyone knew of any companies that have entry level positions available. I'm a CPC-A. I know most people suggest getting into the medical coding through other lateral healthcare jobs. I've already done that. Just waiting for a chance to finally get into medical coding. Entry level is necessary to learn the ropes and I'm okay with that. Even part time work will do. If anyone could help, I would really appreciate it. Sometimes there comes a point that you're just ready to start doing what you went to school for. I'm at that point. Thanks again so much!

Andrea

Are you in any of the Facebook coding groups at all? There is someone who has been posting about opportunities for newly credentialed coders at VillageMD.

I have no specific information about the jobs or the company - I just remember seeing a flurry of recent posts indicating that they have positions open for newly credentialed coders.

In the past couple of weeks, I've also seen people mention CorroHealth in the coding groups on Facebook, and that they are willing to consider CPC-A coders. I have no idea if those positions are still open or not, but it's worth searching for. The VillageMD positions I know for sure were just mentioned on Facebook within the past day or so.

Also, I see that you're in the Columbus area - I know they have a very active chapter there. I've listened in on a few of their recent virtual meetings.

If you're not already attending chapter meetings, it might be a good way to network with other coders in your area & get a lead on any potential job openings.

Good luck!

Are you in any of the Facebook coding groups at all? There is someone who has been posting about opportunities for newly credentialed coders at VillageMD.

I have no specific information about the jobs or the company - I just remember seeing a flurry of recent posts indicating that they have positions open for newly credentialed coders.

In the past couple of weeks, I've also seen people mention CorroHealth in the coding groups on Facebook, and that they are willing to consider CPC-A coders. I have no idea if those positions are still open or not, but it's worth searching for. The VillageMD positions I know for sure were just mentioned on Facebook within the past day or so.
Thanks a lot for this information! I will definitely check out CorroHealth as well. I've seen some posts about this company recently.