Wiki Remote Patient Monitoring

Best answers
I have a question regarding remote monitoring CPTs and modifiers. If an RPM provider ships out a device to a patient, but the patient does not ever complete the test/monitoring, what, if any, methods are there for the provider to recoup their costs for prepping the device for shipment & shipping costs? I understand that initial RPM CPTs are intended to cover some of these costs, but they are also predicated on the patient completing (or least doing part of) the monitoring. Modifier 53 is for a discontinuation at the provider's discretion, and in this case, the patient is not following through and the monitoring not happening isn't the provider's decision, so I don't feel like I would have documentation to support 53. I was then thinking 52 for reduced services, but no monitoring has started. In addition the provider isn't electing to perform only part of the monitoring, it's the patient not following through. I've been researching this for over a week, and I cannot locate any guidance for this issue. Any insight would be much appreciated. TIA!!