Wiki Removal of Bone Spur from Skull

Best answers
Hello! I am scratching my head on how to code this. The general surgeon removed a bone spur from the frontal area and right temporal area. The provider made a simple incision and dissected free from surrounding soft tissue using blunt dissection. I am having trouble finding the correct code and was thinking 64999. Any help or guidance would be appreciated!!! Thank you.

Hey! Look into 20240 I pathed it skull biopsy, open-- from coder desk reference description is:
20240-20245

The physician performs an open biopsy on bone to confirm a suspected growth, disease, or infection. With the patient under general anesthesia, and placed in the appropriate position, the physician makes an incision overlying the biopsy site and carries it down through the tissue to the level of the bone. A piece of bone tissue is removed and sent for examination. The wound is sutured closed and the patient is moved to the recovery area.

Or you could go with unlisted bone 20999.
The 64999 would be nervous system I wouldn't go that route. Look at it as skull(scalp) lesion not truly a craniotomy since didn't go through any muscle or dura:)
Happy coding!