Wiki Removal of extruded implant and debridement of wound right brow area

pjacobs

Contributor
Best answers
Having trouble with the following procedure. I'm unable to locate a code for this and I'm going to use the unlisted code. Has anyone had this scenerio and how did you handle this?

The patient was brought to the Operating Room and placed under general anesthesia. The patient's identity, surgical procedure and side were verified by the surgical team. A culture was taken of the right brow where the implant was extruded. The area was then prepped and draped in the usual sterile fashion. The extruded implant was isolated with 2 hemostats and transected. It was removed in total. The area of unhealthy skin and underlying connective tissue was excised. There were fresh healthy skin edges 360 degrees of the debrided area of the central aspect of the right brow where the sleeve had been removed. Hemostasis obtained. Erythromycin ophthalmic ointment was instilled over the wound. A dressing was applied. The patient was then awoken, taken to Recovery Room in good condition.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!

Having trouble with the following procedure. I'm unable to locate a code for this and I'm going to use the unlisted code. Has anyone had this scenerio and how did you handle this?

The patient was brought to the Operating Room and placed under general anesthesia. The patient's identity, surgical procedure and side were verified by the surgical team. A culture was taken of the right brow where the implant was extruded. The area was then prepped and draped in the usual sterile fashion. The extruded implant was isolated with 2 hemostats and transected. It was removed in total. The area of unhealthy skin and underlying connective tissue was excised. There were fresh healthy skin edges 360 degrees of the debrided area of the central aspect of the right brow where the sleeve had been removed. Hemostasis obtained. Erythromycin ophthalmic ointment was instilled over the wound. A dressing was applied. The patient was then awoken, taken to Recovery Room in good condition.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!

Sounds more like (to me) 67560 with 996.59.

Hope this helps.
David Keown, CPC, OCS