Wiki removing the -A

ajudd

Networker
Best answers
Hello. I know I have seen info on this question before but now I can't find it (of course).:)

So, I have my CPC-A and in a couple months I will be eligible to have the -a removed from my credential. I know my supervisor is supposed to write some sort letter to AAPC - but what info is supposed to be in the letter and where does it go? Does it go to membership, etc? Does the letter need to say I work with the books - has anyone been through this that can help me? Also, how long did AAPC take to re-issue a new certificate with the -A removed?

Thanks for input!

Your supervisor/manager should address a letter the AAPC (I'm not sure what dept., but if you email them, they can give you the address, that's what I did), explaining what coding functions you perform and have performed for the past year. This letter should be on company letterhead, signed by your manager. It doesn't take very long, and you will receive a new certificate in the mail shortly thereafter.

I just had my boss type up a letter just stating how long I have been working there and what I do. All it needs to be is short and to the point. And before I could send it in to AAPC, I received a letter in the mail stating I have completed my apprentience through AAPC, and the -A was taken off my title. I still plan on sending the letter from my boss to AAPC. Hope this helps.
Traci