Wiki Renal procedure...

Best answers
:confused: This is confusing to me. I need a second opinion. I was going to use 37204 / 75894

PROCEDURE:
1. Left renal angiogram.
2. Detachable coli AZUR peripheral coil system with a helical hydrocoil embolization
4.0 x 15 cm and a 4.0 x 5 cm correlation is used.

INDICATION: Too sick to have nephrectomy and possible tumor with recurrent bleeding in the left kidney.

DESCRIPTION OF PROCEURE: The patient was brought to the lab, left femoral acess was obtained. Left renal angiogram indicated stent in the superior pole vessel which is severely diffusely diseased and almost occluded. Inferior pole vessel stent is open, which is a large portion of the kidney supplied by inferior, mid pole vessel, which was approached by 5-French hydrocoil and 2 cores were deployed and the patient had adequate embolectomy of that renal artery is performed. The upper renal vessel is left alone.

CONCLUSION: Embolectomy of the renal artery on the left side using #2 coils.

Renal procedure

Embolization with coils to occlude the renal artery --37204 and 75894-26 are correct but you also need a catheter placement code--1st order 36245 or maybe 2nd order 36246--dictation does not make that entirely clear.

Are you also billing for the arteriogram? (36251)
If you do, then you would need to use a 59 w/ the arteriogram and delete the catheter placement code-36245/46 --as that is included w/ the arteriogram.