Wiki Repair codes for lesion excisions

Best answers
Hello! Newbie coder here and I am just wondering what measurement I would use when coding an intermediate repair for a benign lesion excision. The lesion diameter is 1x2 cm and the incision margin is 2x6 cm. I have coded the excision a 11406 and used repair code 12032 because there was 0.5 cm of undermining done. I used the incision measurement to determine the code for the repair. Is this correct?

Our guidelines in our book states " Code selection is determined by measuring the greatest clinical diameter of the apparent lesion PLUS that margin required for complete excision. Lesion diameter plus the most narrow margins required equals the excised diameter. so your lesion is 2cm, and your margins are 2 cm (your most narrow margin)= 4 cm for your lesion so i would have picked 11406 as well. For the closure, if there was "extensive undermining" done you can code for a complex closure, but it doesn't seem like 0.5 is an "extensive amount" so i would code 12032 as well. I agree with your coding. Good Job! :)