Wiki Resource for Psych coding

dovejsd

Networker
Best answers
I am brand new to psych coding and I'm looking for a good resource. What I especially want is something that will explain what each code means. For example, 90791 - psychiatric diagnostic evaluation. Exactly what does that mean? I'm looking for information above and beyond what is in the CPT.
Thanks!

Try looking at the following website:

APA and AACPA, they have a lot of information as well as some free on-the-demand webinars. Also another good resource is The National Council.

You can always submit your questions here.

Let me know if I can help.

Cheryl

Thanks!

Thank you so much for this information. I really appreciate it!
Julie:)

clarification

I found the APA -American Psychological Assoc. But I can't find AACPA. What does that stand for?

I found the APA -American Psychological Assoc. But I can't find AACPA. What does that stand for?

It's actually AACAP: American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
www.aacap.org :)

There is also: American Psychiatric Association (www.psych.org) and American Academy of Clinical Psychiatrists (www.aacp.com)

It is my understanding that 90791 is used by non-prescribing practitioners (i.e.: psychologists, who in most states cannot prescribe medications) vs. 90792 that includes medical services, therefore can only be used by medical practitioners (ie: psychiatrists, psychiatric nurse practitioners etc., those who hold medical degrees, specializing in psychiatry).

Hope this helps!

Cheryl, did you find out any coding information about the Behavioral Health Services Coding and Payment Guide. I am also new to this and would like to make sure that I am doing this right if you have any information that could be helpful to me at all in Autism. Olease contact me @ kay.castle@spectrumofhope.com or contact me @ 713-480-2156

90801 and 90862

I am not familiar with Behavioral Health coding, and I have someone asking, can 90801 and 90862 be billed together? I believe this is from 2012.