Wiki Retasure 92250

rthames052006

True Blue
Local Chapter Officer
Best answers
I work for a family practice but wanted to get some opinions or advice about the Retasure testing.

We peform this test in our office on our Diabetic patients, most of them are non-compliant or do not see an eye doctor.

I heard and saw where one practice was billing the cpt code with 2 in the units for left and right.... Is this correct? I also saw something from HIghmark Blue Shield where they were actually paying claims that way but have now stopped?

Can anyone give me any other info...

TIA

I work for a family practice but wanted to get some opinions or advice about the Retasure testing.

We peform this test in our office on our Diabetic patients, most of them are non-compliant or do not see an eye doctor.

I heard and saw where one practice was billing the cpt code with 2 in the units for left and right.... Is this correct? I also saw something from HIghmark Blue Shield where they were actually paying claims that way but have now stopped?

Can anyone give me any other info...

TIA

If that is the correct code, 92250, it is a bilateral procedure which requires interpretation and report. You wouldn't split out RT and LT as the payment is for one or both eyes regardless. Also, who is doing the interpretation? Are your primary care docs performing and interpreting the test? Is your office, a "office" POS?

Check out their website. A lot of times they will have coding and billing info available. otherwise you can contact them and they will probably have a dept who can explaining the coding and billing to you.