Wiki Return to OR

Emmalia

Networker
Best answers
I have a patient who had a vaginal reconstruction and a urethral sling procedure performed a few months ago. Patient is complaining of ongoing pain and the surgeon decides to return to the OR and see what's going on. I'm having a hard time coding this and would appreciate any input. Thanks!

PreOp dx: Perineorrhaphy suture migration
PostOp dx: Introital stricture
Operation: Introital stricture release and suture removal

Operative Findings: Examination under anesthesia confirmed the mildly stenotic introitus, which admitted 1 to 2 fingerbreadths. Palpation of the fourchette at 6 o'clock demonstrated tightening with several small subcutaneous bands. No perineorrhaphy suture knot was visible. At the 6 o'clock position, the introitus was superficially incised for 1 cm within and without the introitus and the subcutaneous tissue released. Two knots were found subcutaneously and were removed. The incision, which was very small and superficial, was left open for healing by secondary intention.

I've look at 15850-Removal of sutures under anesthesia, same surgeon but really am not sure about this.

I tend to agree. I would also check with the physician to be sure they agree with your choice.

Let us know if the physician chooses something else.