Wiki Revenue Code Assistance

Best answers
Hello, I am wondering if anyone has found something that can assist with Revenue Code comprehension? I am only able to find Revenue Codes and their Descriptions, but I am unable to find anything that can give a more in depth description of when to use certain revenue codes. Perhaps a Class, Book or Webinar I am able to gain access to?

Hello, I am wondering if anyone has found something that can assist with Revenue Code comprehension? I am only able to find Revenue Codes and their Descriptions, but I am unable to find anything that can give a more in depth description of when to use certain revenue codes. Perhaps a Class, Book or Webinar I am able to gain access to?

There isn't really a lot more detail than the descriptions of each revenue code. Revenue Code assignment is pretty straightforward.

If you're billing on a UB-04, the revenue codes associated with each service item should be set up automatically by the person who maintains the chargemaster. For the most part, a biller shouldn't have to assign a revenue code manually. (Or if they do, it should be a rare exception.)

The National Uniform Billing Committee maintains the data specifications for UB-04 billing, including Revenue Codes. https://www.nubc.org/

Hello, I assist with maintaining the charge master, I am just having trouble being able to ensure that the charges and revenue codes are matching up correctly.

Ah, I see. Can you give an example, perhaps? It might be easier to assist knowing an example.

Revenue Codes are mostly self-explanatory. Example - 350-359 will be CT scans, 351 would be assigned to CT scans of the head.

Some surgeries could need to be paired with more than one revenue code. For example, if an outpatient surgery could be done in the emergency room or operating room, it may need to be associated with Revenue Code 450 when done in the emergency room, and Revenue Code 360 when done in the operating room.