Wiki Review of Data

Love Coding!

Expert
Best answers
Hello to anyone that can answer this for me :0)

Under the review of data points, under the medicine section, can you get a point for anything else other than review or order tests?

What if the physician wants to have a patient see a dietary counselor or Chronic Kidney diesease education? Would those count? CPT codes (98960, 98961, 98962)

Thank you very much!

GeminiCoder74:)

AMOUNT AND/OR COMPLEXITY OF DATA TO BE REVIEWED
The amount and complexity of data to be reviewed is based on the types of diagnostic
testing ordered or reviewed. A decision to obtain and review old medical records and/or
obtain history from sources other than the patient increases the amount and complexity of
data to be reviewed.
Discussion of contradictory or unexpected test results with the physician who performed
or interpreted the test is an indication of the complexity of data being reviewed. On
occasion the physician who ordered a test may personally review the image, tracing or
specimen to supplement information from the physician who prepared the test report or
interpretation; this is another indication of the complexity of data being reviewed.

The above is from the guidelines, I bolded and underlined what I feel is the key piece of the answer to your question. They are not going to get data credit for asking someone else to see the patient, they would get credit if they get those records and review/summarize when the patient comes back.

Laura, CPC, CPMA, CEMC