Wiki Revision of fusion 22800?

Best answers
PROCEDURES PERFORMED:​
  1. Revision of 14-level cervicothoracic fusion, reduction of kyphosis.
Complex wound revision.

PROCEDURE DESCRIPTION:   was brought into the operating room, and general endotracheal anesthesia was induced.  Appropriate lines were placed.   was placed in a Mayfield head holder, flipped prone on a Jackson table with flat board and gel rolls, and his head was affixed to the bed.  The neuromonitoring signals were achieved. was prepped and draped in usual sterile fashion, and a time-out was performed.  A 15 blade was used to open his old incision, and old sutures were cut out and removed.  Self-retaining retractors were placed.  The cervical screw caps were loosened.  The connectors for the quad-rod construct were loosened, and the cervical rods were removed.  Then, I held the head while Dr. Mahtabfar went under the drapes to release the head from the Mayfield.  Dr. Storm and I realigned the patient's head and neck with fluoroscopic guidance to a better degree of lordosis.  At this point, Dr. Mahtabfar reset the Jackson table and Mayfield to lock him into position there.  At that point, Dr. Storm bent the right rod and I bent the left rod to the appropriate curvature to accommodate this new alignment.  These rods were locked into place.  The wound was irrigated with Ancef irrigation.  Another x-ray confirmed the alignment was appropriate, and it was closed in multilayer fashion with absorbable suture and staples.  He was flipped supine, extubated in the operating room in good neurologic condition, and brought to the PICU.  There were no complications.  He tolerated the procedure well, and I, the attending neurosurgeon, was present for all critical portions of the case.  All counts were correct at the end of the case.​

Would this be 22800? with 22 modifier?

Why do you believe there is increased services (mod 22)?

I would review the Spine deformity section of the CPT book (22800-22819) because it appears there are more accurate codes available to you. Also, I know this article here (click me) is a bit old, but it may give you some more direction. I don't code spinal surgeries, but it occurs to me this might be kyphectomy and not arthrodesis.