Wiki Rhogam injections

What is the correct ICD 10 code would RH NEGATIVE for pregnancy? I have been coding O36.81X0
The code you've given here that you say you're using isn't a valid ICD-10 code by my book.

But I don't think you can assign a code just based on the Rh negative status - you'll need a diagnosis from the provider that gives you the reason for the injection. If the injection is being done for prophylactic purposes, and not due to any specific pregnancy-related problem, then you can assign Z29.13 - Encounter for prophylactic Rho(D) immune globulin.

Hi, actually there were some Coding Clinics on this topic. Not sure if I am allowed to post them here but you wouldn't use the O36 code unless it is actually documented that the patient has isoimmunization. Z29.13 is also what we use for the injections. If it is on a visit note, you would use the Z34.8x code, plus Z31.82, Encounter for Rh incompatibility status,

The code you've given here that you say you're using isn't a valid ICD-10 code by my book.

But I don't think you can assign a code just based on the Rh negative status - you'll need a diagnosis from the provider that gives you the reason for the injection. If the injection is being done for prophylactic purposes, and not due to any specific pregnancy-related problem, then you can assign Z29.13 - Encounter for prophylactic Rho(D) immune globulin.
OOPS, I meant O36.01X0....