Wiki Risk Adjustment

Best answers
Why do some risk adjustment coding jobs ask for Microsoft Office Experience and some do not? Is there a big pay difference between these jobs? I am getting back into risk adjustment after 8 years of doing other stuff. Have 6 years of ICD-9 HCC coding, a BSN, and a active RN license. Just did the CRC course and hope to pass test in a month. Is it worth it for a Mac user to try and learn Microsoft Office? In my previous job, they shipped me a computer, which only needed the most basic computer skill set. Thanks, Amy

Why do some risk adjustment coding jobs ask for Microsoft Office Experience and some do not? Is there a big pay difference between these jobs? I am getting back into risk adjustment after 8 years of doing other stuff. Have 6 years of ICD-9 HCC coding, a BSN, and a active RN license. Just did the CRC course and hope to pass test in a month. Is it worth it for a Mac user to try and learn Microsoft Office? In my previous job, they shipped me a computer, which only needed the most basic computer skill set. Thanks, Amy
In my personal opinion, it is worth taking an introductory Microsoft Office course. There are many free programs and self-learning tools on the Microsoft web page. For example, check this site https://edu.gcfglobal.org/en/subjects/office/. I would also check your state Workforce Development program, it is free, and also, in some states, employers are obligated to provide some PTO hours for attending classes. As a Risk adjustment coder, you may need to present to other coders or providers depending on the job. Also, we may need to manage excel and pivot reports, etc., as our new "normal" many jobs are virtual. The majority of healthcare systems use TEAMS, Zoom, and many other windows base platforms, and yes, it does make a pay impact. Working both systems will only increase your assets. I hope it does help. ;)

In my personal opinion, it is worth taking an introductory Microsoft Office course. There are many free programs and self-learning tools on the Microsoft web page. For example, check this site https://edu.gcfglobal.org/en/subjects/office/. I would also check your state Workforce Development program, it is free, and also, in some states, employers are obligated to provide some PTO hours for attending classes. As a Risk adjustment coder, you may need to present to other coders or providers depending on the job. Also, we may need to manage excel and pivot reports, etc., as our new "normal" many jobs are virtual. The majority of healthcare systems use TEAMS, Zoom, and many other windows base platforms, and yes, it does make a pay impact. Working both systems will only increase your assets. I hope it does help. ;)
Thanks for your time and advice! I found a free virtual Microsoft Office office course through the Goodwill. Happy New Year!