Wiki RN and CPC-A seeking remote coding

kjc2479

Best answers
Hi- I am new here and am currently seeking employment for a company that does remote coding with little experience coding. I have done a short internship while enrolled in the coding course. I am also an RN in an Emergency Department at this time.

Thanks-

Sorry about the resume in the message. Unable to attach resume.

79 Kenwood Lane, Stuarts Draft VA 24477 • (540) 292-7392 • kaceycaricofe@gmail.com

Kacey Watson
Objective
A registered nurse that is newly CPC certified seeking employment with a progressive, reputable company that will provide challenges and opportunities for growth and advancement, utilizing my coding and billing experience.
Education
08/2009-05/2014 Blue Ridge Community College Weyers Cave, VA
Associate of Applied Science Degree
 Registered Nurse
 Certified BLS
 Medical Coding program completed
_____________________________________________________________________________ __
08/2005-06/2009 Riverheads High School Staunton, VA
High School Diploma
 Graduated with honors and a GPA of 3.85
Experience
05/2014-Present Sentara-Rockingham Memorial Hospital Harrisonburg, VA
Registered Nurse- Emergency Department
 Promote safety and well-being of multiple patients and their families while advocating for their best interests.
 Keep up-to-date with charting in order to provide a thorough documentation of the patient’s experience and care while in the Emergency Department.
 Work as a team member with willingness to help others in order to succeed.
 React quickly and efficiently in critical situations.
06/2011-02/2013 Target Mobile Waynesboro, VA
Store Manager
 Responsible for reaching sales quota through my sales team by motivating, teaching, and counseling.
 Responsible for hosting and organizing sales meetings with numerous other sales teams.
 Responsible for dealing with customer issues through forms of therapeutic communication skills.

08/2010-06/2011 Ruby Tuesday’s Waynesboro, VA
Server
 Responsible for ensuring guests had a pleasant experience while in the restaurant.
 Responsible for prioritizing my work to make sure that I took care of the most important obligations first.
 Responsible for accepting criticism in a way that improved my ability to take care of my guests.

12/2006-08/2011 Gold’s Gym Staunton, VA
Fitness Consultant
 Responsible for communicating fitness information efficiently to potential members.
 Responsible for helping members set fitness goals and reach them in a timely manner.
References
References are available on request.

Last edited:
Hello! A lot of the time when a company is looking for a remote coder they are looking for some who has experience in the coding field, who has/had been doing coding work at a hospital or doctor's office. They normally want someone who has 2-5 years experience. There might be some companies who will take someone who doesn't have that much experience coding but that is very rare, but normally those start your off in office to train you and get you started. I suggest that you look for a coding job in an office or hospital to get your experince in before looking for a remote coding job. Hope this helps a little. This is what I have noticed when looking for a remote coding job and I have a year in the field done.

Good luck! :)

Experience

Well I did do an externship for a year and being in the ED as an RN I work with coding all the time, but I have never been hired as a "coder" or qualified with that in my job description. Thank you for your help though!