Wiki RN Visit

This is a RN in our practice that goes and checks on some of our mental patients, in their homes that are unable to make it to the office.

Last edited:
She is employed through our Dr Office, not through a home health agency. She works in our PSR department and checks meds ect, and goes to the home to check on some of the patients that are unable to come in to the office.

Based on research I did last year for the same issue (and I do not have any of my sources available), RNs cannot be billed for home checkups - mid-levels or higher was what I was told

She is employed through our Dr Office, not through a home health agency. She works in our PSR department and checks meds ect, and goes to the home to check on some of the patients that are unable to come in to the office.
As an employee of the physician this is not a payable encounter. An RN as an employee of the physician must have direct physician supervision for patient care. Meaning the provider must be in the same office suite while the patient is being seen. A nurse employed with a home health agency functions under a totally different arrangement. This needs to be set up thru home health and not your office nurse making home visits.
Having said this there are of course exceptions but the criteria is very strict. You must prove that there is no availability for home health in your area, and other conditions must be met regarding the patient' s debility.

Last edited: