Wiki Roll Call: Who's attending HEALTHCON in Nashville?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going

I will be attending alone this year also and would love information about the meet and greets.
Also, Candyr73, I see you are in the Port St Lucie area. I'd love to meet up with you sometime.

Debbie Nall, CPC
Ashland, KY
Huntington, WV Chapter

Nashville Conference

This is my first conference and am super excited to go!

:):D

Attending and speaking

Hi, I'm attending alone, but this isn't my first conference or first time to Nashville. I'm glad to hang out with others for some music venues in the evenings. I am speaking early on Wednesday but otherwise am glad to be up late too :).

Lamon Willis
Education Officer
Macon Georgia Chapter of AAPC
lw1527@yahoo.com

1rst time

I am coming to the conference! This will be my first AAPC Conference and the 1rst time I get to meet anyone from the area. I was sick during the last meeting so I could not attend but I would love to meet some of the people in the area! Oh Im in the Dallas/Richardson area in Texas btw

Last edited:
We will be organizing some sort of meet/greet; so that everyone who's attending solo can informally pair or group together so that nobody needs to be all alone! We're working on the details, but we won't let you be bored and lonely at HEALTHCON!

This will be my first conference ever! And my first time to Nashville, TN. I am so excited but I will be attending alone and would love to have a meet and greet.
Thanks,
Tricia Widner, CPC
Business Office Manager
Murphy Pain Center
Louisville, KY 40223
plwidner.mpc@gmail.com

I want to be sure I am appropriately attired. Are jeans and a nice shirt appropriate or dress pants and suits better suited for this event?

KDMarshall,

Dress code is always a great question. Directly from the HealthCon FAQ page, here you go:

Appropriate attire for sessions and networking events is smart casual. We suggest wearing comfortable shoes due the amount of walking in large convention centers. Comfortable dress is encouraged, but look professional.

When I googled business casual, I liked this check list... :)

Would I wear this clubbing? The answer should be 'no.'
Would I wear this to sleep? The answer should be 'no.'
Would I wear this to do yard work? The answer should be 'no.'
Would I wear this to a costume party? The answer should be 'no.'

See you all soon in Nashville!
~Melissa

KDMarshall,

Dress code is always a great question. Directly from the HealthCon FAQ page, here you go:

Appropriate attire for sessions and networking events is smart casual. We suggest wearing comfortable shoes due the amount of walking in large convention centers. Comfortable dress is encouraged, but look professional.

When I googled business casual, I liked this check list... :)

Would I wear this clubbing? The answer should be 'no.'
Would I wear this to sleep? The answer should be 'no.'
Would I wear this to do yard work? The answer should be 'no.'
Would I wear this to a costume party? The answer should be 'no.'

See you all soon in Nashville!
~Melissa

Love this Melissa! This is a great checklist :)

Comfortable shoes are the key! I've been to a few conferences now and that's a lesson I learned the hard way.

See everyone soon!

Holly Brown CCS, CPC, CPC-H, CEMC
Member Development Officer Orange Park, FL Chapter

Dress Code

This was in the Final Checklist email today:

Dress Code
The official conference dress code is smart casual. Shorts are discouraged, but nice jeans and comfortable walking shoes are appropriate.

I'm going to the conference in Nashville.

I'm attending and it is my first time. I would love info on the meet and greet as well. I am from the local Nashville Chapter and excited that we will be hosting this year!:)

Dawn Peck, CPC, CPC-D
St. Thomas Heart Group
Nashville, TN

Last edited:
I've asked the AAPC organizers to make an announcement, but it may have slipped past them...it's pretty busy here. I'd suggest that if you want to meet/greet others that you simply sit down with someone at lunch, introduce yourself, and ask if you can tag along after the sessions are over. Also, some coders have been meeting up in the main lobby (Cascades) at 6 p.m.

Status
Not open for further replies.