Wiki Roller Derby

wrightju1

Networker
Best answers
I have joined a roller derby league and need some help from my coding brothers/sisters picking my number. It can be 1-4 digits and can include 1 letter. So, you got it! I'm going with an external cause code!!

This is what I have so far:
E886 - Fall on same level from collision, pushing, or shoving, by or with other person (E886.0 In sports; E866.9 Other and un specified -fall from collision of pedestrian (conveyance) with another pedestrian (conveyance)

E918 Caught accidentally in or between objects

E917 Striking against or struck accidentally by objects or persons - Includes: bumping into or agains, colliding with, kicking against, stepping on, struck by

I also need a derby name; so I'm open to suggestions there as well.

Any thoughts coders? :) If nothing else I hope I gave you all another coding angle to laugh about today.

E885.1 is fall from rollerskates. If you're not a purist, you could just use E885.

E886 is fall from shoving by another person in sports... Again, not the full code.

Sounds like fun...used to watch it on TV but I don't know of any leagues around here.

I am limited to max 4 digits and I don't want to lose the letter, so I can't complete the code often. Reading the description and Includes/Excludes in the actual CPT is funny.

They do have a team in Concord and one in Nashua in case you were interested. :)

This is an awesome idea! I love it! I would stay away from the accidental falls. The ones in Roller Derby are usually pretty intentional. Here are some of my ideas:

E872 Failure of sterile precautions during procedure
E903 Travel and motion
E909 Cataclysmic earth surface movements and eruptions (if you plan to win by a landslide)
E968 Assault by other and unspecified means

E872 Failure of sterile precautions during procedure
E903 Travel and motion
E909 Cataclysmic earth surface movements and eruptions (if you plan to win by a landslide)
E968 Assault by other and unspecified means

That's the spirit I'm looking for! Thanks jdyoutsey! :) E872 makes me think "playing dirty". I like E968. Often times you just can't specifiy how you got that monster bruise.

For ICD-10, you have W51 pushing or shoving (accidental or not). Not the complete code, but roller derby has just a little of that pushing and shoving!

For ICD-10, you have W51 pushing or shoving (accidental or not). Not the complete code, but roller derby has just a little of that pushing and shoving!

W51 looks good! See, this is what I knew if I put it out there people more clever than myself would find some good ones. :)

My wife and I spent the Memorial Day weekend in Leavenworth, WA. It just so happened the Apple City Roller Derby was in town. I watched roller derby in the 60's but had never been to a bout. We decided to go and it's a good thing we got there when the doors opened otherwise we wouldn't have had a seat. It was a total small town event and we loved it. They have roller derby in Seattle and Tacoma, but they are held in much bigger locations and I don't think the atmosphere could possibly equal what we experienced in Leavenworth.

Sounds like you're in for a lot of fun. If your league has a website let us know. As far as a derby name, is there a history behind your screen name here?

Our team is part of the Women's Flat Track Derby Association. They are actually a world wide association with teams everywhere. I agree with you on the small town venues. Local teams are always so much more fun to watch. I would rather go to a local baseball game than a big league game any day.

I like the ones above and tried to come up with different ones as well. Some are dx, e and v codes.
780.4 Vertigo
301.3 Aggressiveness
994.6 Motion sickness
781.0 Rolling of the head

V11.4 Personal hx of mental disorder......combat & operational stress reaction
V40.1 Problems with communication
V69.0 Lack of physical exercise (thought this was funny since its very physical)
E909 (which was above, i liked it)