Wiki ROS and "noncontributory"verbage

Expert
Best answers
Can I count the ROS as complete when provider lists the positive findings on some systems and then says oll others noncontributory? Can anyone provide documentation of this?

Here is the documentation from the 1997 documentation guidelines on ROS:

A complete ROS inquires about the system(s) directly related to the
problem(s) identified in the HPI plus all additional body systems.
!DG: At least ten organ systems must be reviewed. Those systems with
positive or pertinent negative responses must be individually
documented. For the remaining systems, a notation indicating all other
systems are negative is permissible.

Hope this helps!

Tina

Can I count the ROS as complete when provider lists the positive findings on some systems and then says oll others noncontributory? Can anyone provide documentation of this?

I searched some other forums and found a post by a man who is and has been a consultant for many years and answered the same question you asked.

He basically stated that the statement 'ROS noncontributory can mean it is obvious that these systems would not apply to this problem so I did not ask. Or it could mean I asked but = they were negative.

And that since the Guidelines state that one can make a notation that all others are negative. That you should not use the statement noncontributory.

Hope this helps
Tina

I know trailblazers does not allow "noncontributory" for ROS or p/f/s history, stating it is too vague of a term. this was published in their june 1, 2005 part b newsletter under FAQ's. i would recommend s/he state all other systems negative. For p/f/s history, i advise them if they HAVE to use it, i would use "reviewed but noncontributory" which shows that you did attempt to get the information. However, i also advised them if they were ever officially audited, i do not know if it would be accepted, so they know its a risk. HTH! :D