Wiki Rotator Cuff Tendinitis

Best answers
Can someone lead me in the right direction to figure out the code for rotator cuff tendinitis? My surgeons document this a lot and I cannot find an exact code for this.

Did you go to your ICD-10 index? Tendinitis>(see also Enthesopathy)>Enthesopathy, shoulder region - See Lesion, shoulder>Lesion, shoulder (region) M75.9_ or M75.8_ (depending on documentation),

Did you go to your ICD-10 index? Tendinitis>(see also Enthesopathy)>Enthesopathy, shoulder region - See Lesion, shoulder>Lesion, shoulder (region) M75.9_ or M75.8_ (depending on documentation),
I did. It just didn't seem right so I was double checking with people who perhaps had billed this code more than I had. I am not sure how inflammation in the tendon of the rotator cuff turns into a lesion.

I did. It just didn't seem right so I was double checking with people who perhaps had billed this code more than I had. I am not sure how inflammation in the tendon of the rotator cuff turns into a lesion.
I've worked for ortho surgeons for 5 years and am familiar with rotator cuff tendinitis. We use AAPC ICD-10-CM. Give a look at page 804 in the 2023 version. Common pathologies - Rotator Cuff Tendinitis .... 'also known as impingement syndrome'.
We use M75.41 / M75.42.

If you look up lesion it isn't necessarily just something such as a tumor or cancer related. It is damage to tissue. In this case the soft tissue (tendon/muscle) of the rotator cuff.

lesion: a region in an organ or tissue which has suffered damage through injury or disease, such as a wound, ulcer, abscess, or tumor.

I've worked for ortho surgeons for 5 years and am familiar with rotator cuff tendinitis. We use AAPC ICD-10-CM. Give a look at page 804 in the 2023 version. Common pathologies - Rotator Cuff Tendinitis .... 'also known as impingement syndrome'.
We use M75.41 / M75.42.
Impingement syndrome and rotator cuff tendinitis are not the same thing. They commonly happen together and most times go hand in hand, but they are not the same thing. M75.4_ is not correct for rotator cuff tendinitis. If it was, the index would direct you there instead of M75.9_ or M75.8_.

"Shoulder impingement is closely related to other common sources of pain in the shoulder called bursitis and rotator cuff tendonitis. These conditions can occur alone or in combination."