Wiki RPM Billing

sglamuzina

Best answers
My practice is considering staring RPM "Remote Physiologic Monitoring" I would like to get any insight from anyone who has work with RPM.
I understand the codes 99453, 99454, 99457, and 99458 but would like to know if payers are processing without complications, etc. etc.

TIA,
Stephanie

Hi, for one of my medical billing client's I do RPM codes also and have had no issues and provider gets paid by all carriers, their biggest load of patients are Medicare and so far so good. They recently started doing this about six months ago. I am now looking into having my other clients look into offering this service if feasible for them.

Hi, for one of my medical billing client's I do RPM codes also and have had no issues and provider gets paid by all carriers, their biggest load of patients are Medicare and so far so good. They recently started doing this about six months ago. I am now looking into having my other clients look into offering this service if feasible for them.
Have you guys received any denials for any reason from any insurance? I'm curious to see what and how these process once my company starts billing these.

Also looking for answers on the correct DOS to bill for 99453. Would the DOS be the date the 16th reading was captured or would it be the date the training of device and delivery occurred?