Wiki RPM for FQHC

cmcevoy

Networker
Best answers
For FQHC, RPM is reported as G0511, which is the same code for CCM. Based on the 2024 final rule, can G0511 be billed more than once per month, provided they meet criteria for each separate service? Please let me know if you have CMS resource for this.

I have been looking into this too!

We are finalizing our proposal to include Remote Physiologic Monitoring and Remote Therapeutic Monitoring in the general care management HCPCS code G0511 when these services are furnished by RHCs and FQHCs.

In addition, we are finalizing our proposal to include Community Health Integration (CHI) and Principal Illness Navigation (PIN) services in the general care management HCPCS code G0511 when these services are provided by RHCs and FQHCs. RHCs and FQHCs that furnish CHI and PIN services will be able to bill these services using HCPCS code G0511, either alone or with other payable services on an RHC or FQHC claim, for dates of service on or after January 1, 2024.

https://www.cms.gov/newsroom/fact-s...Aan-GU8v6kczw8Bn4HA_woiCVT1nt2q1BPMGXCiNjGyFx

I have been looking into this too!

We are finalizing our proposal to include Remote Physiologic Monitoring and Remote Therapeutic Monitoring in the general care management HCPCS code G0511 when these services are furnished by RHCs and FQHCs.

In addition, we are finalizing our proposal to include Community Health Integration (CHI) and Principal Illness Navigation (PIN) services in the general care management HCPCS code G0511 when these services are provided by RHCs and FQHCs. RHCs and FQHCs that furnish CHI and PIN services will be able to bill these services using HCPCS code G0511, either alone or with other payable services on an RHC or FQHC claim, for dates of service on or after January 1, 2024.

https://www.cms.gov/newsroom/fact-s...Aan-GU8v6kczw8Bn4HA_woiCVT1nt2q1BPMGXCiNjGyFx
Thank you!

Hi Cmcevoy,

I am getting a lot of questions from my provider about billing G0511 multiple times per 30 day period.
Some of us are interpreting the new ruling as we can bill G0511 once per service subcategory: CCM, BHI, PCM, RPM, CHI, PIN. So 40 minutes of CCM would be G0511 X1.
Others are saying that G0511 can be billed multiple times by 20 minute time increments regardless of the service type. So 40 minutes of CCM would be G0511 X2.

What is your interpretation of the ruling?

-Julie

Hi Cmcevoy,

I am getting a lot of questions from my provider about billing G0511 multiple times per 30 day period.
Some of us are interpreting the new ruling as we can bill G0511 once per service subcategory: CCM, BHI, PCM, RPM, CHI, PIN. So 40 minutes of CCM would be G0511 X1.
Others are saying that G0511 can be billed multiple times by 20 minute time increments regardless of the service type. So 40 minutes of CCM would be G0511 X2.

What is your interpretation of the ruling?

-Julie
I believe it can be billed once per service. Example: 40 minutes CCM + RPM = G0511 x 2 (1 time for CCM, 1 time for RPM).

Have yall had any trouble getting reimbursement for the 2 units?
Yes! We are seeing denials for more than one unit from both January and February. Haven't gotten March back yet. My theory is that CMS did not update the Q1 MUE to reflect that more than one unit can be billed. Q2 MUE has been updated to 8 units.