Wiki Rudimentary Uterine Horn Resection/Removal - Laparoscopic Resection/Removal

sjfarnsworth

Contributor
Best answers
My Physician feels that by doing a Laparoscopic Resection/Removal of a rudimentary uterine horn it could be viewed as a 58541 with a 52 modifier to show only a portion of the uterus is being removed.

I have considered an unlisted procedure code and all others it seems... And to complicate matters, the surgery center is not allowed to book a surgery on a planned unlisted CPT code procedure.

Any help or opinions would be most welcome!

Has anyone ever given you guidance for the cpt code? I don't know what code to use. Thank you so much for your help!

Surgical Procedure: RA L/S removal of noncommunicating left uterine horn with hematometra and left fallopian tube, possible open, any other indicated procedure.

There is no code for laparoscopic uterine repair/revision. I would recommend unlisted 58578 with a benchmark to 58540 which would be the code if performed open. For the laparoscopic left salpingectomy, 58661-LT.

There is no code for laparoscopic uterine repair/revision. I would recommend unlisted 58578 with a benchmark to 58540 which would be the code if performed open. For the laparoscopic left salpingectomy, 58661-LT.
Is that also what you would use for a laparoscopic assisted vaginal hysteroscopy right with bilateral tubes (58552) and an excision of left uterine horn remnant? The patient only had the right side of a uterus, I guess. Or would it bundle?

Is that also what you would use for a laparoscopic assisted vaginal hysteroscopy right with bilateral tubes (58552) and an excision of left uterine horn remnant? The patient only had the right side of a uterus, I guess. Or would it bundle?
If you are billing the hysterectomy code your only choice is to bill it once and if you can show significant additional work in removing the remnant you can add a modifier -22.

If you are billing the hysterectomy code your only choice is to bill it once and if you can show significant additional work in removing the remnant you can add a modifier -22.
Thank you so much for your help. I'm still learning the odds and ends, and this Forum really helps!