Wiki RVU-Fee Schedule Columns---???

twalls

Networker
Best answers
Hi All Could someone tell me what the different columns are when I look at RVU on the Medicare Fee schedule- there is the Work RVU (which I am aware)-then transitioned non-fac PE-RVU, Fully Implemented Non Fac PE RVU, Transitioned Facility PE RVU, Fully Implemented Facility PE RVU and MP RVU. I am unsure what those represent.
As always, thank you kindly!
Tammy

PE is for practice expense and MP is malpractice. These two, in addition to Work, are the three components of the total RVU on which reimbursement is calculated. Work RVU is the same in all locations, but PE will vary depending on whether the procedure is done in a facility or in an office setting (since facilities will be separately for their own expenses). Lastly, both PE and MP RVUs are adjusted based on the geographical area in which the provider practices since the labor and malpractice costs can vary considerably from one state or locality to the next. Hope that helps some?

PE is for practice expense and MP is malpractice. These two, in addition to Work, are the three components of the total RVU on which reimbursement is calculated. Work RVU is the same in all locations, but PE will vary depending on whether the procedure is done in a facility or in an office setting (since facilities will be separately for their own expenses). Lastly, both PE and MP RVUs are adjusted based on the geographical area in which the provider practices since the labor and malpractice costs can vary considerably from one state or locality to the next. Hope that helps some?
Thomas, thank you very much :)