Wiki RVUs

tatumroe

Networker
Best answers
Does anyone use RVUs in the practice or facility you work at for physician reimbursement and if so how does it work? I have limited understanding but it seems like the formula works out to equal the Medicare allowed amount. How does it calculate in your current EHR/EMR?

I use RVUs in my practice. It's fairly simple. Our previous EMR did not do the calculations and I had to do it by hand, that was tedious. The current program we are using has a report that calculates out the RVUs by provider and makes the task less daunting. Feel free to private message me and I can get you some of the articles that got me started. They were helpful in explaining to the physicians how it works.

Many physician contracts have RVUs linked in some way to their compensation. There are a lot of different scenarios. Usually it is linked to the work RVUs specifically. Examples:
1) Physician must meet #### wRVUs per month/year, then a set bonus amount per wRVU if goes a certain percentage above the baseline.
2) Physician gets a bonus for each specific range of wRVUs above baseline.
3) Physician's entire salary is linked to productivity (wRVUs).
You could even have several physicians in the same practice, each with a different contract.

Most sophisticated EHRs will have a way to calculate this, as long as someone does load the wRVUs into the system.

I use RVUs in my practice. It's fairly simple. Our previous EMR did not do the calculations and I had to do it by hand, that was tedious. The current program we are using has a report that calculates out the RVUs by provider and makes the task less daunting. Feel free to private message me and I can get you some of the articles that got me started. They were helpful in explaining to the physicians how it works.
Hello could you share the links to explain RVUs please 🙏🏼