Wiki Sacrotuberous ligament injection

teenam

Best answers
My Interventional Pain Management Doctor performed an Sacrotuberous ligament injection. I have been trying to find a code for this but I can not find it listed in the CPT book nor can I find anything online regarding the coding for this type of procedure. If you can help in anyway with this coding I would really appreciate it! Thank you!

TE=teenam;233036]My Interventional Pain Management Doctor performed an Sacrotuberous ligament injection. I have been trying to find a code for this but I can not find it listed in the CPT book nor can I find anything online regarding the coding for this type of procedure. If you can help in anyway with this coding I would really appreciate it! Thank you![/QUOTE]

I am not 100% sure, but what about 27096? Seems to me the sacrotuberous ligament is very close the the sacroiliac joint. Either that 20610 maybe? :confused:

Wouldn't this be 20550, since what is being injected is being described as a ligament. There is no description of imaged-guided (fluoroscopy or CT) sacroilliac joint injection (27096). Nor is there a major joint injection (shoulder, hip, Knee) being described as being performed.