Wiki Sage / Intergy

We are a GYN office and have been using Intergy by Sage since February 2010. We are only using it for our practice management needs at the moment, so I don't know anything about the actual EMR side. If you're thinking of using it for your practice management as well, you may want to check others out first...we find this system hard to understand in accounting sometimes.

I worked for a multispecialty company and we were using Intergy/Sage. I really did not have any problem with the software the bigger problem was Sage. They would fix one problem and create another. We have since upgraded to Allscripts I like it. I would shop around and look at all options as it is an expensive decision.

I work for an Urgent Care and our director decided on Intergy for our registration and billing. She never looked into the EMR at the time she decided on the billing part. We liked the billing and registration end - it was easy to pick up and the registration was pretty quick which was needed as an Urgent Care we see quite alot of new patients. When the Director decided to go with the EMR - she purchased it basically sight unseen and it was a big mistake for our practice. The EMR is not Urgent Care friendly and could not do what the doctors and nurses needed. The Director worked for months with Sage to make changes that would satisfy our needs, but nothing was ever completed. I think it was the mistake of the Director not to check out the EMR part prior to purchasing it, but I know the docs and nurses were not happy with what Intergy offered. They found it too time consuming to get the information into the system, it did not retain necessary information, the system did not date and time stamp their notes, and the doctors were not happy with choices they had for listing their diagnosis.

The hospital that operates our facility decided to add our Urgent Care to the billing company that they brought on for their physician practices, so now we just use Intergy to scan our patient charts - more like an electronic file cabinet rather than an EMR. The docs do not use it at all anymore. Now through the billing company we have Allscripts (which we are not pleased with their registration and billing end) and they do not like their EMR either. They are now looking for an EMR that can satisfy the needs of the Urgent Cares along with the physician practices that the hospital operates.

Good luck with your search! :D