Wiki Sample Form Letters

bdeb616

New
Best answers
I have recently taken over the billing/coding position in a single provider/1 PA Internal Medicine practice. I have finally persuaded the doctor to give up the practice of not charging co-pays for some of our patients. (He realizes this is illegal) I am looking for a form letter that states our intention of charging these copays. I went to a seminar where one was read to us but not included in our packets.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I didn't know it was fraud

I don't specific issues on patients with co-pays. I will tell you that if he/she is not charging the patient for their normal co-pay and your bill comes out with the co-pay balance, do you charge the patient the balance???

At the facility I work at we have patients sign a lien for Patients who are Personal Injury without an attorney or Chiropractic visits since we are out of network providers for them. I would make sure that you have some kind of contract that is set in place for that money your boss is losing his/her money. Thats a lot of money un-collected and that will come up as lost money. I would just check why he's wanting to do that and what happens to that Co-pay balance for the patient prior to anything.