Question Sanexas

whughes9805

Contributor
Best answers
Has anyone done coding and billing of the RST-Sanexas? Wondering what the proper billing is for the procedure and/or follow up sessions. I haev some eobs from other company's sent to us and they have used PT codes and/or injection codes. Thoughts on it as a whole? Needing any information regarding it prior to purchasing the machine. Please and thank you

We are also looking into performing this procedure, were you able to obtain any additional information?

We have actually been performing this service since May 2020 and have had great results with our patients. So far the billing aspect has been a bit bumpy but we are getting reimbursed through Medicare and most Medicare replacement plans.

We have actually been performing this service since May 2020 and have had great results with our patients. So far the billing aspect has been a bit bumpy but we are getting reimbursed through Medicare and most Medicare replacement plans.
Can you help me guide me on coding for it. I am helping a start up and I'm lost...

Hello!

My provider is starting this and I was hoping for some guidance in how you are coding this. I have a general idea of codes but I am running into a few codes I am unsure of. I want to make sure I am coding all possible codes.

Thank you so much!!

Hello!

My provider is starting this and I was hoping for some guidance in how you are coding this. I have a general idea of codes but I am running into a few codes I am unsure of. I want to make sure I am coding all possible codes.

Thank you so much!!
I apologize, I am not getting alerts when someone responds. If you still need assistance please email me at valarie@ano-rcm.com. Thanks

The Sanexas machine is NOT covered by Medicare and it will only be a matter of time before CMS and the OIG go after you if you start billing for this. They aren't messing around in their pursuit of offices engaged in this. Some commercial payers will pay for it. The coding is complex if you are doing vitamin injections as well. The Sanexas modality does not have a specific CPT code so the only right code would be 97039, unlisted modality, although many doctors code 97112-NMR due to it being used for neuropathy. Expect many denials and countless retroactive reviews of claims.