Wiki Screening Codes

AmandaM2153

Best answers
Hey All --

So I have a provider that has done a HepC test because of CDC guidelines. What should I choose? Just a regular old screening code???

No it was not done with a routine physical. And as for the code, I really couldn't find anything that was specific for it and came across V78.8... would that be an ok code to use?

I'm assuming then that you only need the ICD-9 code? Person only came in for a prophylactic vaccination? CPTs to consider 86803, 86804. Exposure suspected? If so, under what conditions? Should consider ICD-9 V01.79. These are only options. We need a more complete picture before we can give you better codes.

From the doctor there is no bigger picture. I have a big problem getting the providers to be detailed. I sent the provider a message asking exactly what you said, if she was screening because of exposure, etc and she replied "it is a screening per cdc guidelines, as stated in note" -- but all she put in her note was, "lab ordered for hyperlipidemia, and will do screening for hepatitis c also."