Wiki Scrotal mass excision

sxcoder1

Expert
Best answers
A transverse inguinal incision was made with a 15 blade dissection being carried down through Scarpa's down to the external bleak fascia which was then opened in the direction of its fibers to the external ring. Care was taken to avoid injury to the ilioinguinal nerve which was carefully swept off the spermatic cord. The spermatic cord was then developed and encircled with a Penrose drain and the mass and testis were then delivered into the inguinal incision. The mass was firm and separate from the testis. I was able to carefully dissected off the spermatic cord. There was some attachments that appeared to be more vascular in nature these were clamped with Kelly clamps and divided and the specimen was passed off the field for intraoperative frozen pathology. The remnants of the tissue that were compressed by the Kelly clamps were then doubly tied with 2-0 silk ties and 2-0 Prolene suture was used as a stick tie as well. Pathology indicated that they did not feel that this was a malignant tumor and was leaning more towards a benign tumor but further work-up was needed. I elected to leave the testis and it was placed back into its correct anatomical position.

The final diagnosis was angiofibroma. It was not the skin of the scrotum and it says this was separate from the testis. Does 55520, excision of lesion of spermatic cord, seem appropriate or is there something else I'm missing? Thanks for any help!