Wiki Securement of Crawford Tube

AN2114

Guru
Best answers
A doctor placed upper crawford tubes on a patient. My doctor was called to make sure it was secured. Is there a cpt code for that because I cannot find one. I have code 68815 for the tube insertion so should I use that code or use modifier 52 with that code since he secured the tube? Or can I not bill for that and only bill for the inferior turbinate fracture he did? Here is the op report:

Procedures: Infracturing of inferior turbinate and securement of Crawford tube placement.

Details: Patient seen in preop. We were called in the OR for Dr Conrad Giles on his patient after placing bilateral upper Crawford tubes. At this point, we were able to visualize the Crawford tubes underneath the inferior turbinate down the nasolacrimal duct. We did probe the area around the duct and then do medialization of the inferior turbinates, then using an alligator forceps bilaterally, we did grab and secure Crawford tube, bringing it through that palpated duct. We did discuss everything at length. We then turned the patient over to anesthesia and tolerated the procedure well.