Wiki Seeking Coder Position in New York City Area

DonC

Contributor
Best answers
Hello, I am seeking a position as a Medical Coder in the New York City area. I have two years experience as an Outpatient coder along with a Bachelors Degree in Human Biology. Please review my resume and feel free to contact me at anytime to discuss possible employment opportunities!

Excellent people-to-people skills. Able to master new skills quickly. Strong motivation in advancing in Health Information Management. Enjoy contributing to a team effort and creating a good working environment. Great at maintaining a clean and organized workspace. Excellent oral and written communication skills.

Education
AAPC, COC Certification 08/13-02/14
Hudson Valley Career Training, CNA Certification 01/12-04/12
University at Albany, Bachelors of Science in Human Biology 12/11

Qualifications Summary

Experience
Medical Coder, Anthelio Healthcare Solutions 11/15-Present
 Responsible for complete and accurate assignment of ICD-10 CM, CPT, and HCPCS II codes in accordance with current internal and external coding guidelines
 Work collaboratively with the billing department to ensure accurate coding in regards to what procedures were billable according to diagnosis, medical necessity issues and insurance plan
 Verify charges for the departmental use of equipment, supplies, medication and essential documentation to support coding and charging
 Participate in Coding department meetings and educational events
 Review and maintain a record of charts coded, held, and/or missing

Outpatient Coder, Health Alliance Hospital Mary’s Avenue Campus 07/14 – Present
 Demonstrate knowledge and ability to assign ICD-10 CM codes to the highest specificity, ensuring that diagnostic codes and documentation accurately reflect and support the patient encounter
 Ability to code Arthroscopies, Biopsies, Endoscopies, and other ambulatory records with accurate coding
 Analyze Ambulatory Surgery accounts and apply accurate codes while making sure documentation is complete with orders and operative reports necessary to meet criteria for procedural coding
 Proficient in Paragon, HPF and 3M Health Information Systems software
 Follows established query process to clarify documentation to support coding assignments
 Maintains productivity and accuracy requirements as outlined for each client

Certified Nursing Assistant, Woodland Pond at New Paltz 04/12-Present
 Skilled knowledge of infection control and fundamental methodologies of infectious disorders
 Gather all pertinent information to support the nursing staff in deciphering results
 Commended for teamwork, charting, and display of empathetic care towards residents and family members
 Assist residents and family members in attaining positive results through comprehensive evaluations