Wiki Seeking for a medical coder job

jehncarla11

Best answers
Hello Everybody,

I am seeking for a medical coder job. I went to two different medical coding schools to prepare me more and to be an expert medical coder. I top the final test in my first school and graduated with honors in my second school and I am also a Bachelor of Science in Nursing graduate. Even though I have a very strong educational background, it is very hard to find a job since they are looking for somebody who has working experience.

I already passed the CCS certification last year and waiting for the response on the CPC test that I took a week ago.

Any advice or job recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

Lots of love,
Jehn

Hello Everybody,

I am seeking for a medical coder job. I went to two different medical coding schools to prepare me more and to be an expert medical coder. I top the final test in my first school and graduated with honors in my second school and I am also a Bachelor of Science in Nursing graduate. Even though I have a very strong educational background, it is very hard to find a job since they are looking for somebody who has working experience.

I already passed the CCS certification last year and waiting for the response on the CPC test that I took a week ago.

Lots of love,
Jehn
I have been having that problem too. NOBODY will hire me without at least 1 year coding experience, preferably 2-3. So I am doing Practicode. One thing I haven't done that is recommended is to go to the local chapter meetings to network. I finally got a job in the billing department of an ambulance company. I'm not coding but it's int eh general field. I'm just tired when I get home form work so I haven't made it to chapter functions.
Good luck!!!

Yes! Definitely get more involved with your local chapter and DONT GIVE UP! It is very difficult to obtain a position without coding experience so going to your meetings and networking is a great way to meet people and possibly get 'one foot in the door'. Good luck to you!

Hello Everybody,

Lots of love,
Jehn

Hi Jen,
Why are going for a CPC when you can get a CCS-P which is more aligned with the CCS? Don't make the same mistake I did. I got the CPC then went after CCS. Pricing and maintenance is better