Wiki Separate Procedures

nyyankees

True Blue
Best answers
Doc does RBL 46221 on 3.28. Plans Tag excision (46220) after RBL takes. Both done in office. Does a 58 mod (staged) qualify? They would bundle if done at same session but am not 100% sure.

Every code I've ever checked with (edits) 46220 prohibits separate coding; that tells you something. I don't understand the 'if the RBL takes, then the doctor will remove the tag' scenario ...you can excise a papilla/tag even if the hemorrhoids aren't banded successfully. Or are you asking if the edits also apply to office procedures? I don't think you can apply the logic behind the -58 modifier with this combination. Anyone else?

Every code I've ever checked with (edits) 46220 prohibits separate coding; that tells you something. I don't understand the 'if the RBL takes, then the doctor will remove the tag' scenario ...you can excise a papilla/tag even if the hemorrhoids aren't banded successfully. Or are you asking if the edits also apply to office procedures? I don't think you can apply the logic behind the -58 modifier with this combination. Anyone else?

Not sure why she did that. I know I will Q her soon about this but wanted to see other's take on this. Interesting secnario.