Wiki Short op-nte

coders_rock!

Best answers
can anyone assist me in coding this report? So far I have 29880

FINDINGS:
1. Posterior horn medial meniscal tear.
2. Grade 4 medial chondromalacia.
3. Posterior horn lateral meniscal tear.
4. Grade 2 lateral chondromalacia.
5. Synovitis, medial and lateral gutter.
6. Grade 4 patellofemoral, chondromalacia.
7. Synovitis, patellofemoral joint.

PROCEDURE: Excessive synovium noted in the medial, lateral, and patellofemoral and notch area was removed up by an upbiter, shaver, and Bovie cautery. This was found to bring in inflammatory tissue into the joint surface, a source of joint pain and dysfunction. Probing of the medial and lateral meniscus found tears, as described in the findings. These were removed with the upbiter, shaver, and taken back to the stable rim. Grade 2 to 3 degenerative changes were treated with a chondroplasty, removing all flaking surfaces with low setting Bovie along the periphery to prevent further flaking. Grade 4 changes, as noted, were treated with abrasionplasty, creating a bleeding surface at the bone-cartilage interface.

Thanks!

29876 can be used with a modiifer to bypass the CCI edits (it bundles to 29880) and you'll need to check with your carrier as regards to using G0289 (Medicare preference) instead of 29877.

Here is what i see: 29876,29880,29877 in the medial & lateral compartments and 29876 & 29877 in the patello-femoral. Is that what you see? Am I missing something?

Thanks for all of your help!