Wiki Shoulder coding-looking for reassurance

Best answers
OP note states that an arthrscopic RCR (29827) and SAD(29826+) were performed followed by an open bicep tenodesis (23430). The OP note also states that an open capsular release was performed. I would like to code as 23020, but want to make sure that the OP note supports this.

Here is the portion of the OP note regarding the capsular release:

"I then made a deltopectoral incision over the anterior aspect of the shoulder. Meticulous
hemostasis was achieved. I dissected carefully down to the conjoint tendon. I palpated
the myocutaneous nerve and the axillary nerve. These were then protected for the
remainder of the case. I freed any adhesions underneath the deltoid. Care was taken not to disrupt my rotator cuff tendon repair. Once the deep retractors were placed, I then
looked at the anterior aspect of the shoulder. He had a very thickened clavipectoral
fascia, which could be a response from the injury or could just be chronic. I went ahead
and incised this tissue. I then released the biceps and then identified the stump of the
subscapularis tendon. I placed an Orthocord around it. I then did a capsular release
both anterior and posterior tendon tear. Unfortunately, it was very difficult to mobilize.
I then decided to take down a portion of the conjoint tendon. This allowed for a reflection of the medial aspect and better exposure of the subscapularis. Even with improved exposure, the tendon was not able to be mobilized. I placed a Cobb elevator along the backside of the glenoid neck and then also around the topside as well. Care was taken not to injure the nerves. I then tried to pull laterally and I was able to just achieve the articular margin especially with the arm internally rotated, but there was going to be too much internal rotation to accept the repair. I therefore copiously irrigated. I finished the debridement and then went ahead and tenodesed the biceps. The subscapularis was unrepairable."

Thanks for your help:eek:

OP note states that an arthrscopic RCR (29827) and SAD(29826+) were performed followed by an open bicep tenodesis (23430). The OP note also states that an open capsular release was performed. I would like to code as 23020, but want to make sure that the OP note supports this.

Here is the portion of the OP note regarding the capsular release:

"I then made a deltopectoral incision over the anterior aspect of the shoulder. Meticulous
hemostasis was achieved. I dissected carefully down to the conjoint tendon. I palpated
the myocutaneous nerve and the axillary nerve. These were then protected for the
remainder of the case. I freed any adhesions underneath the deltoid. Care was taken not to disrupt my rotator cuff tendon repair. Once the deep retractors were placed, I then
looked at the anterior aspect of the shoulder. He had a very thickened clavipectoral
fascia, which could be a response from the injury or could just be chronic. I went ahead
and incised this tissue. I then released the biceps and then identified the stump of the
subscapularis tendon. I placed an Orthocord around it. I then did a capsular release
both anterior and posterior tendon tear. Unfortunately, it was very difficult to mobilize.
I then decided to take down a portion of the conjoint tendon. This allowed for a reflection of the medial aspect and better exposure of the subscapularis. Even with improved exposure, the tendon was not able to be mobilized. I placed a Cobb elevator along the backside of the glenoid neck and then also around the topside as well. Care was taken not to injure the nerves. I then tried to pull laterally and I was able to just achieve the articular margin especially with the arm internally rotated, but there was going to be too much internal rotation to accept the repair. I therefore copiously irrigated. I finished the debridement and then went ahead and tenodesed the biceps. The subscapularis was unrepairable."

Thanks for your help:eek:

I would report it..