Wiki Shoulder manipulation w/arthroscopic distention of shoulder

TLVANDERPOOL

Best answers
Any help is greatly apprecitated! Per report: Under general anesthisia shoulder was manipulated through full range of motion. Lysis of adhesions could be easily palpated. Doc than introduced the arthroscope posterior portal should was visulaized. Typical of some desgree of adhesive, bleeding was noted within the capsule. Once cleared the capsule was visualized. No evidance of rotator cuff tear or labral problems. demonstrated good range of motion. His glenohumeral joint looked good. We than did an arthorscopic distention w/high pressure and than also irrigated the shoulder out thoroughly w/copious amounts of irrigation. I have been leaning towards the unlisted cpt code for should arthroscopy... w/the manipulation code. But wanted expert opinion on this!!

this appears to me to be only a 29825. As far as the distention goes, that would not be codeable--he filled up the shoulder with fluid and then washed it out. Thats part of the procedure although I have to admit..this is the first time I've seen it documented!!

Mary, CPC, COSC