AN2114

Guru
Best answers
The doctor performed a salivary duct cannulation, salivary duct dilation, sialendoscopy, and salivary duct kenalog injection. I have code 42650 for the salivary duct dilation and I can't find a code for salivary duct cannulation. I found code 42660 Dilation and catheterization of salivary duct. Does anyone know if either of those codes include the cannulation? I tried doing some research but couldn't find a clear answer. For the sialendoscopy, I can only find the unlisted code 42699 but I'm trying to figure out a CPT code to compare to it. Any ideas of a comparable code for a sialendoscopy? Or is there a better code to use for the sialendoscopy instead of the unlisted code? Thanks!

I equate it to 42335 - Sialolithotomy; submandibular (submaxillary), complicated, intraoral assuming the requisite complexity is demonstrated in the op note. If it is not shown to be complex, 42330 would be a more appropriate equation for the unlisted code. I found most often the sialendoscopy procedures, while less invasive for the patient, was significantly complex for the surgeon when reading the operative note detail from my surgeon.