Wiki Sialoendoscopy

AN2114

Guru
Best answers
Doctor did a direct laryngoscopy, sialoendoscopy of parotid ducts, bilateral steroid injection, bilateral dilation of parotid salivary ducts and irrigation. Everything I'm reading says to use unlisted code 42699. Wanted to get any opinions if there is another CPT code I can use instead. Here is the report.

The patient was brought to the operating room, was placed in supine position. A timeout was called indicating the correct patient and procedure. General anesthesia was induced and the patient was intubated without complication. The supraglottis and glottis did appear within normal limits. There were no masses or lesions involving the bilateral true vocal folds. Attention was first turned to the left Stenson's duct. Using a 0000 size probe, the opening to Stenson's duct was located and the probe was inserted. Care was taken to avoid excessive tissue injury to the ductal mucosa. The probe size was progressively increased and the serial dilation of the Wharton's duct was performed. The endoscope was then introduced and sialaendoscopy was performed. The probe was confirmed to be within the lumen of the duct. There were no obvious stones or masses located within the lumen of the duct. There were no obvious stones or masses located within the lumen of Wharton's duct. Once in place, sterile water was used to irrigate the lumen of Wharton's duct. 0.75cc of 40 weight Kenalog was then injected. The scope was then injected. The scope was then removed and the identical procedure was performed on the right side.

Doctor did a direct laryngoscopy, sialoendoscopy of parotid ducts, bilateral steroid injection, bilateral dilation of parotid salivary ducts and irrigation. Everything I'm reading says to use unlisted code 42699. Wanted to get any opinions if there is another CPT code I can use instead. Here is the report.

The patient was brought to the operating room, was placed in supine position. A timeout was called indicating the correct patient and procedure. General anesthesia was induced and the patient was intubated without complication. The supraglottis and glottis did appear within normal limits. There were no masses or lesions involving the bilateral true vocal folds. Attention was first turned to the left Stenson's duct. Using a 0000 size probe, the opening to Stenson's duct was located and the probe was inserted. Care was taken to avoid excessive tissue injury to the ductal mucosa. The probe size was progressively increased and the serial dilation of the Wharton's duct was performed. The endoscope was then introduced and sialaendoscopy was performed. The probe was confirmed to be within the lumen of the duct. There were no obvious stones or masses located within the lumen of the duct. There were no obvious stones or masses located within the lumen of Wharton's duct. Once in place, sterile water was used to irrigate the lumen of Wharton's duct. 0.75cc of 40 weight Kenalog was then injected. The scope was then injected. The scope was then removed and the identical procedure was performed on the right side.
how about 42650-42660