Wiki Signature for H&P?

hmlyme

New
Best answers
I need help!

I need to find documentation that spells out that a physician needs to sign a form written H&P. This H&P is the form used in the room with the patient which the physician then uses to dictate a typed version (which he signs).

I feel silly asking help with this, but I honestly haven't been able to find anything yet. Anyone know where this ruling exists?

I would look for the regulation that states all hospital documentation (including orders, notes, etc) have to be dated, times, and stamped. That is of course if they want to use it towards their H and P as a billable service.

I need help!

I need to find documentation that spells out that a physician needs to sign a form written H&P. This H&P is the form used in the room with the patient which the physician then uses to dictate a typed version (which he signs).

I feel silly asking help with this, but I honestly haven't been able to find anything yet. Anyone know where this ruling exists?

Have you tried the CMS website? If not, try there. Put in documentation signature requirements and it should search the entire sight for reference articles.